Google Removes Right Hand Display in Search Results

Chiropractor Cronulla Search ChangesYou may or may not have noticed that Google have removed Text Ads from the right hand side of the search results page. They have also increased the number of ads at the top of the page and kept the ads at the bottom of the page. You will now see up to 4 ads on the top of the page and up to 3 ads on the bottom of the page.

Apparently the main reason for this change is the lack of activity on the text ads displayed on the right hand side. The plan is for this space to be used for product listing ad blocks and knowledge panels.

This change is likely to impact on the pricing of PPC ads as there will be more businesses bidding for fewer positions.
It will also encourage businesses to invest in SEO in order to reach a more favourable position in the natural search results.

While PPC may give a business immediate results if implemented correctly, it only attracts 30% of the traffic. SEO on the other hand, attracts 70% of the traffic but it takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months to reach a desired position, depending on the competitiveness of the keywords targeted.

You can read more about the change at Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land.

Let us help you create and implement an effective SEO strategy that will attract customers to your site.
Contact us for a free consultation.